Blog #3
So clinicals begin! I have mixed feelings about the first two days. Mostly, I'm thankful to the Lord for his grace in bringing me this far. I have had a few doubts lately about why exactly I am doing this. But then I think of the way that the Lord has brought each of us here. He has a purpose. I try to keep in mind the verse our consecration speaker shared with us.
"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."- in my Bible, this verse is in the letters of red, as the words of Jesus.
The residents.
After I went home last night (Friday) after clinical I thought of the residents and how they were doing. I think after this month is done these people will become like friends. They are older people and some have physical and mental problems. But these people worked are just people. They accomplished and accomplish, some more than I can imagine. They live. They love. And mostly, they are deeply loved by God. I'm excited for more!
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lovely blog entry. I liked the visual of the Consecration speaker's key verse being in red letters in your Bible, Jesus's words, to you and to all of us. This is a unique rotation, I hope you can enjoy every moment!
ReplyDeleteWe are all novices at these skills and in this setting, but we have a God who is faithful and called us to what we are doing NOW and in our future! I liked your reflection on the residents. It is good to be reminded that even though our residents are not physically (and sometimes mentally) like they used to be; they have lived amazing lives. They do have more to accomplish. I know they will impact us and our nursing care.
ReplyDelete